- The People's Web Meets NLP90,99 €
- Sanskrit Computational Linguistics91,99 €
- Sanskrit Computational Linguistics77,99 €
- Language Technologies for the Challenges of the Digital Age39,99 €
- Using Comparable Corpora for Under-Resourced Areas of Machine Translation97,99 €
- Anaphora: Analysis, Algorithms and Applications50,99 €
- Shall We Play the Festschrift Game?75,99 €
The general trend of providing data online is thus accompanied by newly developing methodologies to interconnect linguistic data and metadata . This includes linguistic data collections, general-purpose knowledge bases (e.g., the DBpedia, a machine-readable edition of the Wikipedia), and repositories with specific information about languages, linguistic categories and phenomena. The Linked Data paradigm provides a framework for interoperability and access management, and thereby allows to integrate information from such a diverse set of resources.
The contributions assembled in this volume illustrate the band-width of applications of the Linked Data paradigm for representative types of language resources . They cover lexical-semantic resources, annotated corpora, typological databases as well as terminology and metadata repositories. The book includes representative applications from diverse fields, ranging from academic linguistics (e.g., typology and corpus linguistics) over applied linguistics (e.g., lexicography and translation studies) to technical applications (in computational linguistics, Natural Language Processing and information technology).
This volume accompanies the Workshop on Linked Data in Linguistics 2012 (LDL-2012) in Frankfurt/M., Germany, organized by the Open Linguistics Working Group (OWLG) of the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN). It assembles contributions of the workshop participants and, beyond this, it summarizes initial steps in the formation of a Linked Open Data cloud of linguistic resources, the Linguistic Linked Open Data cloud (LLOD).
- Verlag: Springer / Springer Berlin Heidelberg / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 86055355
- Erscheinungstermin: März 2012
- Abmessung: 241mm x 160mm x 17mm
- Gewicht: 492g
- ISBN-13: 9783642282485
- ISBN-10: 3642282482
- Artikelnr.: 34805461