- Kooperative Gestaltung in partizipativen Softwareprojekten56,95 €
- Engineering Psychology and Cognitive Ergonomics79,99 €
- Exploratives Agieren68,95 €
- Entwicklung eines Change Management Screening Instruments für die Einführung von IT-Systemen44,99 €
- User Story Mapping - Die Technik für besseres Nutzerverständnis in der agilen Produktentwicklung34,90 €
- Interaktionsdesign34,95 €
- Designing Thriving Systems95,99 €
This book is not just a set of guidelines, but a deep dive into what makes people tick. Dr. Weinschenk shares the psychology research and shows lots of examples so that you can design intuitive and engaging print, web, applications and products that match the way people think, work, and play. Product Description
We design to elicit responses from people. We want them to buy something, read more, or take action of some kind. Designing without understanding what makes people act the way they do is like exploring a new city without a map: results will be haphazard, confusing, and inefficient. This book combines real science and research with practical examples to deliver a guide every designer needs. With it you'll be able to design more intuitive and engaging work for print, websites, applications, and products that matches the way people think, work, and play.
Learn to increase the effectiveness, conversion rates, and usability of your own design projects by finding the answers to questions such as:
What grabs and holds attention on a page or screen?
What makes memories stick?
What is more important, peripheral or central vision?
How can you predict the types of errors that people will make?
What is the limit to someone's social circle?
How do you motivate people to continue on to (the next step?
What line length for text is best?
Are some fonts better than others?
These are just a few of the questions that the book answers in its deep-dive exploration of what makes people tick.
The Psychology of Design
How People See
How People Read
How People Remember
How People Think
How People Focus Their Attention
What Motivates People
People Are Social Animals
How People Feel
People Make Mistakes
How People Decide
- Verlag: New Riders; Pev
- Erscheinungstermin: 14. April 2011
- Abmessung: 231mm x 179mm x 17mm
- Gewicht: 475g
- ISBN-13: 9780321767530
- ISBN-10: 0321767535
- Artikelnr.: 32730408