- Issues in Agent Communication63,99 €
- Distributed Artificial Intelligence: Architecture and Modelling55,99 €
- Multiagent System Technologies63,99 €
- Communication in Multiagent Systems59,99 €
- Distributed Artificial Intelligence Meets Machine Learning Learning in Multi-Agent Environments55,99 €
- Multi-Agent Systems and Applications48,99 €
- Adaptive Agents and Multi-Agent Systems II63,99 €
The author provides a sound theoretical foundation of collaborative problem solving itself and introduces various new design concepts and techniques to improve its quality and efficiency, such as the multi-phase agreement finding protocol for external problem solving, the composable belief-desire-intention agent architecture, and the distribution-aware constraint specification architecture for internal problem solving.
The practical relevance and applicability of the concepts and techniques provided are demonstrated by using medical appointment scheduling as a case study.
"This book deals with a new approach to collaborative problem solving. ... The necessary steps to a practical application of this approach are elaborated in a very impressive way. ... One special property of this book and this project is the continuous and consistent use of one example, the scheduling of medical appointments. ... A comprehensive list of references and the usual high quality of the series make, together with the contents, this book a must for all AI researchers in this area." (Christian Posthoff, Zentralblatt MATH, Vol. 1025, 2003)