- Footnotes from the World's Greatest Bookstores: True Tales and Lost Moments from Book Buyers, Booksellers, and Book Lovers17,99 €
- The Card Catalog: Books, Cards, and Literary Treasures (Gifts for Book Lovers, Gifts for Librarians, Book Club Gift)28,99 €
- Literatur im Buchhandel34,00 €
- Bücher und Buchhändler17,90 €
- Von Marx zum Maulwurf44,00 €
- Der Kunde ist Gast20,00 €
- Gründung und Führung einer Buchhandlung60,00 €
We're talking about bookshops in barns, disused factories, converted churches and underground car parks. Bookshops on boats, on buses, and in old run-down train stations. Fold-out bookshops, undercover bookshops, this-is-the-best-place-I've-ever-been-to-bookshops.
Meet Sarah and her Book Barge sailing across the sea to France; meet Sebastien, in Mongolia, who sells books to herders of the Altai mountains; meet the bookshop in Canada that's invented the world's first antiquarian book vending machine.
And that's just the beginning.
From the oldest bookshop in the world, to the smallest you could imagine, The Bookshop Book examines the history of books, talks to authors about their favourite places, and looks at over three hundred weirdly wonderful bookshops across six continents (sadly, we've yet to build a bookshop down in the South Pole).
The Bookshop Book is a love letter to bookshops all around the world.
"A good bookshop is not just about selling books from shelves, but reaching out into the world and making a difference."
(The Bookshop Book includes interviews and quotes from David Almond, Ian Rankin, Tracy Chevalier, Audrey Niffenegger, Jacqueline Wilson, Jeanette Winterson and many, many others.)
- Verlag: Constable / Constable & Robinson
- Seitenzahl: 288
- Erscheinungstermin: 2. Oktober 2014
- Abmessung: 223mm x 141mm x 32mm
- Gewicht: 456g
- ISBN-13: 9781472116666
- ISBN-10: 1472116666
- Artikelnr.: 40707641