- Astronomy of the Milky Way (eBook, PDF)33,95 €
- tolino shine 3119,00 €
- The Invisible Universe (eBook, PDF)27,95 €
- Asteroseismology and Exoplanets: Listening to the Stars and Searching for New Worlds (eBook, PDF)143,95 €
- Low Frequency Radio Observations of Galaxy Clusters and Groups (eBook, PDF)89,95 €
- The Lost Constellations (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
- Astronomy of the Milky Way (eBook, PDF)36,95 €
While at the start of the twentieth century the universe was thought of as a finite cosmos dominated by the Milky Way, the study of Andromeda galaxy shattered that image, leading ultimately to the conception of an infinite universe of countless galaxies and vast distances. Even today, M31 is a major focal point for new astronomical discoveries, and it also remains one of the most popular (and rewarding) celestial objects for amateur astronomers to observe and study. This book reveals the little-known history of M31 and the scientists who study it.
For all who are interested in astronomy, the skies, and perhaps even the origins of the universe, The Andromeda Galaxy and the Rise of Modern Astronomy provides a first-of-its-kind accessible, informative, and highly readable account of how the study and observation of this celestial object has driven the development of astronomy from ancient times to the present.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GB, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Erscheinungstermin: 23.04.2012
- ISBN-13: 9781461430490
- Artikelnr.: 37362132