- Space Exploration 2007 (eBook, PDF)15,95 €
- tolino shine 3109,00 €
- Soviet Robots in the Solar System (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
- Fundamentals of Space Biology (eBook, PDF)129,95 €
- Living Off the Land in Space (eBook, PDF)17,95 €
- Spaceflight (eBook, PDF)9,99 €
- Praxis Manned Spaceflight Log 1961-2006 (eBook, PDF)32,95 €
* Previously unpublished photographs of various aspects of training and participation in spaceflights are included.
* Personal interviews with female cosmonauts and astronauts.
* Traces the history of female aviation milestones from the early part of the 20th Century to the current space programme.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 410
- Erscheinungstermin: 29. August 2006
- ISBN-13: 9781846280788
- Artikelnr.: 37343262
"The purpose of this book is to celebrate the achievements of all the women who have taken part, in a multitude of ways, in missions of space exploration, and to chronicle those missions. ... For any student of the subject here is the reference book par excellence, with ample cross-references to relevant literature, reports, and similar documents. ... will find this a most helpful and surely unique addition to their libraries, and extremely good value for money." -- Elizabeth Griffin, The Observatory, Vol. 126 (1191), 2006
"The authors set out to establish the role that women played in aviation, as a precursor to space flight. ... This is a fascinating book that introduced me to many outstanding and extraordinary patient women, who achieved so much ... . laudable attempt to record the work of engineers, researchers, machinists and others who were part of the enormous pyramid of effort that let the astronauts fly. ... a valuable history of the long years of women's rejection from national efforts in the space race." -- Sue Bowler, Journal of the Royal Astronomical Society, Vol. 46, October, 2005
"It goes well beyond women in space as it includes many of the woman that played a role in aviation as well as some women who were marginally involved in space by being, for instance, scientists associated with space projects or simply working in the background. ... the book provides fascinating reading and is recommended." -- Jos Heyman, News Bulletin of Astronautical Society of Western Australia, Vol. 31 (3), 2005
"In highlighting the role of the female astronaut and cosmonaut, this book does womankind a significant service. ... It would be excellent if this book was widely ready by girls at school, since it might influence their choice of subjects and ultimate career. ... the book should not be confined to the women's section, because even those men already involved in the space industry would benefit from knowing more about women's achievements." -- www.satellite-evolution.com, May/June, 2007