- Genghis Khan (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- Genghis Khan: A Life From Beginning to End (eBook, ePUB)0,00 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- The Fatal Shore (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
- Genghis Khan and the Making of the Modern World (eBook, ePUB)9,95 €
- Tibet, Tibet (eBook, ePUB)11,99 €
- A New Voyage Round the World (eBook, ePUB)10,99 €
Marco Polo's journey from Venice, through Europe and most of Asia, to the court of Kublai Khan in China is one of the most audacious in history. His account of his experiences, known simply as The Travels, uncovered an entirely new world of emperors and concubines, great buildings - 'stately pleasure domes' in Coleridge's dreaming - huge armies and imperial riches. His book shaped the West's understanding of China for hundreds of years.
John Man travelled in Marco's footsteps to Xanadu, in search of the truth behind Marco's stories; to separate legend from fact. Drawing on his own journey, archaeology and archival study, John Man paints a vivid picture of the man behind the myth and the true story of the great court of Kublai Khan.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Random House UK Ltd
- Seitenzahl: 416
- Erscheinungstermin: 31.10.2010
- ISBN-13: 9781409045649
- Artikelnr.: 39217224