- Advances in Child Abuse Prevention Knowledge (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Litigating the Rights of the Child (eBook, PDF)68,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- Research and Practice in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health (eBook, PDF)72,95 €
- Advanced Techniques for Modelling Maternal and Child Health in Africa (eBook, PDF)120,95 €
- Early Life Conditions and Rapid Demographic Changes in the Developing World (eBook, PDF)80,95 €
- Towards the Humanisation of Birth (eBook, PDF)40,95 €
The powerful interdisciplinary volume Vulnerable Children brings a global child-rights perspective to the lives of indigenous, refugee, and minority children in and from crisis-prone regions. Focusing on self-determination, education, security, health, and related issues, an international panel of scholars examines the structural and political sources of children's vulnerabilities and their effects on development. The book analyzes intervention programs currently in place and identifies challenges that must be met at both the community and larger policy levels. These chapters also go a long way to explain the often-blurred line between vulnerability and resilience. Included in the coverage:
- Dilemmas of rights-based approaches to child well-being in an African cultural context.
- Poverty and minority children's education in the U.S.: case study of a Sudanese refugee family.
- The heterogeneity of young children's experiences in Kenya and Brazil.
- A world tour of interventions for children of a parent with a psychiatric illness.
- An exploration of fosterage of Owambo orphans in Namibia.
- UNICEF in Colombia: defending and nurturing childhood in media, public, and policy discourses.
Vulnerable Children is a must-have volume for researchers, graduate students, and clinicians/professionals/practitioners across a range of fields, including child and school psychology, social work, maternal and child health, developmental psychology, anthropology, sociology, social policy, and public health.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Springer-Verlag GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 278
- Erscheinungstermin: 08.07.2014
- ISBN-13: 9781461467809
- Artikelnr.: 43786964