- Muslims as Actors (eBook, PDF)104,95 €
- Orthodoxy in Arabic Terms (eBook, PDF)77,95 €
- Patterns Legitimizing Political Violence in Transcultural Perspectives (eBook, PDF)70,95 €
- Islam (eBook, PDF)104,95 €
- Religious Harmony (eBook, PDF)104,95 €
- tolino shine 3118,00 €
- The Many Altars of Modernity (eBook, PDF)28,95 €
Jacques Waardenburg writes about relations between Muslims and adherents of other religions. After illuminating various aspects of Islam from an outside point of view in his volume "Islam" (published in 2002 by de Gruyter) his second volume changes the perspective: The author shows how Muslims perceived non-Muslims - particularly Christianity and "the West", but also Judaism and Asian religions - in many centuries of religious dialogue and tensions. The main focus is on Muslim minorities in Western countries and on religious dialogues of which he provides first-hand knowledge through his participation in several important dialogue meetings.
After 50 years of research and personal involvement, Waardenburg aims at a mutual understanding and reconciliation of Islam and other religions, particularly Christianity, both on an international level as well as on a more local level where "old" and "new", Christian and Muslim Europeans live together.
Dieser Download kann aus rechtlichen Gründen nur mit Rechnungsadresse in A, B, BG, CY, CZ, D, DK, EW, E, FIN, F, GR, HR, H, IRL, I, LT, L, LR, M, NL, PL, P, R, S, SLO, SK ausgeliefert werden.
- Verlag: Gruyter, Walter de GmbH
- Seitenzahl: 539
- Erscheinungstermin: 22.08.2008
- ISBN-13: 9783110200959
- Artikelnr.: 47519968