- The Physics of Music and Color97,99 €
- The Science of Musical Sound40,99 €
- The Science of Musical Sound53,99 €
- The Physics and Psychophysics of Music43,99 €
- Acoustics and Aerodynamic Sound89,99 €
- Dynamics, Strength of Materials and Durability in Multiscale Mechanics103,99 €
- Methods of the Classical Theory of Elastodynamics87,99 €
A novel topic in the first edition and this second edition is a non-mathematical study of electric and magnetic fields and how they provide the basis for the propagation of electromagnetic waves, of light in particular. The book provides details for the calculation of color coordinates and luminosity from the spectral intensity of a beam of light as well as the relationship between these coordinates and the color coordinates of a color monitor.
The second edition contains corrections to the first edition, the addition of more than ten new topics, new color figures, as well as more than forty new sample problems and end-of-chapter problems. The most notable additional topics are: the identification of two distinct spectral intensities and how they are related, beats in the sound from a Tibetan bell, AM and FM radio, the spectrogram, the short-time Fourier transform and its relation to the perception of a changing pitch, a detailed analysis of the transmittance of polarized light by a Polaroid sheet, brightness and luminosity, and the mysterious behavior of the photon.
The Physics of Music and Color is written at a level suitable for college students without any scientific background, requiring only simple algebra and a passing familiarity with trigonometry. The numerous problems at the end of each chapter help the reader to fully grasp the subject.
- Verlag: Springer / Springer International Publishing / Springer, Berlin
- Artikelnr. des Verlages: 978-3-030-19221-1
- 2. Aufl.
- Seitenzahl: 500
- Erscheinungstermin: 4. November 2020
- Abmessung: 254mm x 178mm x 26mm
- Gewicht: 942g
- ISBN-13: 9783030192211
- ISBN-10: 3030192210
- Artikelnr.: 60341735