The sixth edition of Anthony Giddens' Sociology is the best
Revised and updated throughout, it provides an authoritative
overview of recent global developments and new ideas in sociology.
Classic debates are also given careful coverage, with even the most
complex ideas explained in an engaging way.
Written in a fluent, easy-to-follow style, the book manages to be
intellectually rigorous but still very accessible. It aims to
engage and excite readers, helping them to see the value of
The sixth edition includes:
- substantive new material on education, media, social theory,
inequalities, politics and government, and a whole new chapter on
war and terrorism
- further revisions and updating in all the chapters
- a strong focus on global sociology, and the sociological
- new 'classic studies' boxes, which examine in detail
influential empirical research
- additional 'thinking critically' sections woven through
the text, to stimulate students' own insights
- specially chosen, eye-catching photographs, which capture the
everyday drama of the social world
A best-selling textbook for more than 20 years, the sixth edition
sets the standard for introductory sociology. It is the ideal
teaching text for first-year University and college courses, and
will help to inspire a new generation of sociologists.
Please visit the accompanying website at:
Ausstattung/Bilder: 6th ed. 2009. XXXIII, 1194 p. w. num. ills. (mostly col.).
Abmessung: 26, 5 cm
Selected endorsements for previous edition: "With this new edition of Sociology, Anthony Giddens has done the seemingly impossible. He has lifted the best introductory text in sociology in the world to yet a further level of excellence. It is a great achievement." Ulrich Beck, The London School of Economics "There's no one on the planet with such a refined grasp of the practical and political significance of sociology as Anthony Giddens. This new edition of his best-selling textbook is his best yet." Anthony Elliott, University of Kent at Canterbury
Selected endorsements for previous edition:
"With this new edition of Sociology, Anthony Giddens has done the seemingly impossible. He has lifted the best introductory text in sociology in the world to yet a further level of excellence. It is a great achievement." -- Ulrich Beck, The London School of Economics
"There's no one on the planet with such a refined grasp of the practical and political significance of sociology as Anthony Giddens. This new edition of his best-selling textbook is his best yet." -- Anthony Elliott, University of Kent at Canterbury
Anthony Giddens ist Direktor der London School of Economics.
1. What is Sociology?.
2. Asking and Answering Sociological Questions.
3. Theories and Perspectives in Sociology.
4. Globalization and the Changing World.
5. The Environment.
6. Cities and Urban Life.
7. Social Interaction and Everyday Life.
8. The Life-Course.
9. Families and Intimate Relationships.
10. Health, Illness and Disability.
11. Stratification and Class.
12. Poverty, Social Exclusion and Welfare.
13. Global Inequality.
14. Sexuality and Gender.
15. 'Race', Ethnicity and Migration.
17. The Media.
18. Organizations and Networks.
20. Work and Economic Life.
21. Crime and Deviance.
22. Politics, Government and Social Movements.
23. Nations, War and Terrorism
5 Marktplatz-Angebote für "Sociology, New Edition" ab EUR 25,49