Professional SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 with MDX
Vergriffen, keine Neuauflage
2 Angebote ab € 0,25
Professional SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 with MDX* Written by the lead developers of Analysis Services at Microsoft, this book begins with an overview showing how Analysis Services and MDX can be used to build data warehouses and multidimensional databases
* The authors then describe the development processes for building dimensions and cubes from various data sources
* Demonstrating a variety of techniques in real-world scenarios, the book shows how MDX can be used to query databases to provide sophisticated analysis of business problems
* Finally, the book explains how Analysis Services can be used with other components of SQL Server, including DTS, data mining, and Report Services, to provide comprehensive, end-to-end solutions
SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 provides you with the business intelligence platform needed to build full-scale, multidimensional databases. MDX is the query language used to extract information from those multidimensional databases. Analysis Services 2005 supports core business functions such as market analysis, budgeting and forecasting.
Written by members of the Analysis Services product team at Microsoft, this timely and authoritative book shows you how to use Analysis Services along with SQL Server components like Integration Services, Data Mining, and Reporting Services to provide comprehensive, end-to-end solutions. Ultimately you'll learn to solve business problems by leveraging all the tools that SQL Server 2005 has to offer.
What you will learn from this book
- The development process for designing Unified Dimensional Models (UDM)
- Using to MDX to query databases and for sophicticated business analysis
- How to harness features such as multiple measure groups, BI wizards, Key performance indicators, and Actions
- How to integrate Analysis Services with other SQL Server 2005 components in order to provide the best possible end-to-end solutions
- How to manage and secure Analysis Services efficiently in support of your BI users
- How to optimize your design and/or scale Analysis Services to extract the best performance
Who this book is for
This book is for database and data warehouse developers and administrators interested in exploiting the power of BI and leveraging the SQL Server 2005 tool set.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
- Verlag: Wiley & Sons; Wrox Press
- Ausstattung/Bilder: 2006. XXVI, 828 p. w. figs.
- Seitenzahl: 828
- Abmessung: 238mm x 186mm x 47mm
- Gewicht: 1250g
- ISBN-13: 9780764579189
- ISBN-10: 0764579185
- Best.Nr.: 14834690
Stephen Quinn was born in San Luis Obispo, California. Stephen has a Masters degree (1988) in Cognitive Psychology from California State University, Chico and is scheduled to receive his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Washington, Seattle, in June 2006. Stephen is married to Katherine and is raising his daughter, Anastasia. He has been in most roles common to the RD environment i.e., software developer, technical writer, technical support specialist and several quality assurance roles. Stephen has published some 20 articles in the magazines Byte, InfoWorld and Datamation. With 15+ years of software experience; Stephen has worked the last 8 years at Microsoft; most recently as a Technical Writer in SQL User Education and before that, for several years as Test Manager in the SQL Business Intelligence Unit. You can reach Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A First Look at SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 Tools.
3. Introduction to MDX Working with Data Sources and Data.
4. Source Views.
5. Creating and Working with Dimensions.
6. Creating and Working with Cubes.
I: ADVANCED TOPICS IN MDX, DIMENSIONS, CUBES, AND EXTENSIONS.
7. Advanced Topics in MDX.
8. Enhancements to Your Dimensions.
9. Enhancements to Your Cubes.
10. Extending MDX User Designed Functions.
II: ADMINISTRATION / INTEGRATION.
11. Administering Analysis Services.
12. Performance Optimization.
13. Data Mining.
14. Introduction to Integration Services.
15. Introduction to Supporting Services.
16. Client Components.
17. Designing Real Time Cubes.
18. Securing Your Data in Analysis Services.
19. Updating Your UDM Data.