Professional SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 with MDX
* Written by the lead developers of Analysis Services at Microsoft,
this book begins with an overview showing how Analysis Services and
MDX can be used to build data warehouses and multidimensional
* The authors then describe the development processes for building
dimensions and cubes from various data sources
* Demonstrating a variety of techniques in real-world scenarios,
the book shows how MDX can be used to query databases to provide
sophisticated analysis of business problems
* Finally, the book explains how Analysis Services can be used with
other components of SQL Server, including DTS, data mining, and
Report Services, to provide comprehensive, end-to-end solutions
SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 provides you with the business
intelligence platform needed to build full-scale, multidimensional
databases. MDX is the query language used to extract information
from those multidimensional databases. Analysis Services 2005
supports core business functions such as market analysis, budgeting
Written by members of the Analysis Services product team at
Microsoft, this timely and authoritative book shows you how to use
Analysis Services along with SQL Server components like Integration
Services, Data Mining, and Reporting Services to provide
comprehensive, end-to-end solutions. Ultimately you'll learn to
solve business problems by leveraging all the tools that SQL Server
2005 has to offer.
What you will learn from this book
- The development process for designing Unified Dimensional Models
- Using to MDX to query databases and for sophicticated business
- How to harness features such as multiple measure groups, BI
wizards, Key performance indicators, and Actions
- How to integrate Analysis Services with other SQL Server 2005
components in order to provide the best possible end-to-end
- How to manage and secure Analysis Services efficiently in support
of your BI users
- How to optimize your design and/or scale Analysis Services to
extract the best performance
Who this book is for
This book is for database and data warehouse developers and
administrators interested in exploiting the power of BI and
leveraging the SQL Server 2005 tool set.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working
programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers,
developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they
address the issues technology professionals face every day. They
provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new
technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Sivakumar Harinath was born in Chennai, India. Siva has a Ph.D. in Computer Science from the University of Illinois at Chicago. His thesis title was: "Data Management Support for Distributed Data Mining of Large Datasets over High Speed Wide Area Networks." Siva has worked for Newgen Software Technologies (P) Ltd., IBM Toronto Labs, Canada, and has been at Microsoft since February of 2002. Siva started as a Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET) in the Analysis Services Performance Team and is currently an SDET Lead for Analysis Services 2005. Siva's other interests include high performance computing, distributed systems and high speed networking. Siva is married to Shreepriya and had twins Praveen and Divya during the course of writing this book. His personal interests include travel, games/sports (in particular, Chess, Carrom, Racquet Ball, Board games) and Cooking. You can reach Siva at email@example.com Stephen Quinn was born in San Luis Obispo, California. Stephen has a Masters degree (1988) in Cognitive Psychology from California State University, Chico and is scheduled to receive his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of Washington, Seattle, in June 2006. Stephen is married to Katherine and is raising his daughter, Anastasia. He has been in most roles common to the R&D environment i.e., software developer, technical writer, technical support specialist and several quality assurance roles. Stephen has published some 20 articles in the magazines Byte, InfoWorld and Datamation. With 15+ years of software experience; Stephen has worked the last 8 years at Microsoft; most recently as a Technical Writer in SQL User Education and before that, for several years as Test Manager in the SQL Business Intelligence Unit. You can reach Stephen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. A First Look at SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 Tools.
3. Introduction to MDX Working with Data Sources and Data.
4. Source Views.
5. Creating and Working with Dimensions.
6. Creating and Working with Cubes.
I: ADVANCED TOPICS IN MDX, DIMENSIONS, CUBES, AND EXTENSIONS.
7. Advanced Topics in MDX.
8. Enhancements to Your Dimensions.
9. Enhancements to Your Cubes.
10. Extending MDX User Designed Functions.
II: ADMINISTRATION / INTEGRATION.
11. Administering Analysis Services.
12. Performance Optimization.
13. Data Mining.
14. Introduction to Integration Services.
15. Introduction to Supporting Services.
16. Client Components.
17. Designing Real Time Cubes.
18. Securing Your Data in Analysis Services.
19. Updating Your UDM Data.
Ein Marktplatz-Angebot für "Professional SQL Server Analysis Services 2005 with MDX" für EUR 9,99
gebraucht; sehr gut
sofortueberweisung.de, Selbstabholung und Barzahlung, offene Rechnung, Banküberweisung