Papua New Guinea
170 ebmiles sammeln
Versandfertig in über 4 Wochen
Alle Preise inkl. MwSt.
Papua New GuineaPapua New Guinea is a complex, rapidly changing nation, where the economy has been profoundly affected by political change. Before independence the economy was largely based on agriculture; since 1975 it has focused on coal production. This book is the first to deal with these changes from an economic perspective. Coming at a time when interest in Southeast Asia is expanding rapidly, and containing a substantial amount of additional information on the controversial subject of Bourgainville, "The Economy Of Papau New Guinea" is an important addition to our well-received Growth Economies in Asia series.
Papua New Guinea is the first book to explore the economic development of this socially complex, rapidly changing nation. Subjects discussed include:
- rapid economic growth and political conflict
- civil war on the island of Bougainville
- population growth and urbanisation
- mining: gold, copper and environmental conflicts
- uneven development and social divisions.
Since 1975 the economy of Papua New Guinea has focused on mineral, rather than agricultural production as previously. This is the first book to look at these changes in a complex, rapidly evolving nation from an economic perspective.
- Verlag: ROUTLEDGE CHAPMAN & HALL
- Ausstattung/Bilder: 368 pages - 234 x 156 mm
- Seitenzahl: 372
- Abmessung: 242mm x 163mm x 25mm
- Gewicht: 590g
- ISBN-13: 9780415054010
- ISBN-10: 041505401X
- Best.Nr.: 21164802