Please note that the content of this book primarily consists of
articles available from Wikipedia or other free sources online.
Fort Laurens was an American Revolutionary War fort in what is now
the U.S. state of Ohio. The fort was built by General Lachlan
McIntosh, in 1778, on the west bank of the Tuscarawas River, now in
Tuscarawas County near the town of Bolivar. The fort was intended
to be a staging point for an attack against the British garrison at
Detroit. However, the conditions at the fort were harsh during the
winter, and McIntosh removed most of the American forces to Fort
Pitt, leaving only about 150 men (from the 8th Pennsylvania
Regiment and 13th Virginia Regiment) under the command of Colonel
John Gibson. Fort Laurens was the only fort built in the Ohio
Country during the Revolutionary War.